Virtual Tour ~ Tangling With Bears by Lisa Oliver ~ (Author Guest Post, Excerpt + Giveaway)
Author Name: Lisa Oliver
Book Name: Tangling With Bears
Series: The Cloverleah Pack
Can be read as a standalone
Release Date: March, 2016
Tobias tells himself he's having fun. He has a great life as a beta in the Cloverleah Pack, and while danger still threatens the pack, he has his friend's wedding to look forward to, and the pleasures that come from hookups in random places. He'd like to meet his mate, just so he's not the odd one out in the inner circle, but it's not something he's expecting anytime soon. So when a hookup just before the wedding leaves Tobias with a permanent scar, he wonders where the heck his life went wrong. Especially when the man responsible for the wicked set of tooth marks, disappeared after the deed was done, to ring a man called Kurt.
Kurt and Luke have been mated for three years. As bear shifters, Kurt has known from puberty that he will have two mates and once he'd claimed Luke, his mama warned him to be on the look out for a human female. So when Luke rings him and lets him know he might have accidentally on purpose bitten a wolf shifter, from some town they'd never heard of, Kurt heads to Cloverleah to sort out the mess.
Sorting out their mating is just one of the things the three men have to contend with. A magic user has stepped up his game and nowhere on pack lands seems safe. When Tobias gets taken, Kurt and Luke are helpless to do anything about it. It's going to take the power of the pack before life will be safe again, for any of them.
Warning: Contains scenes of M/M and M/M/M sex. It also contains a special kind of bear, his grumpy mate, and a wolf that just wants to be loved. HEA and no cheating guaranteed.
While this book can be read as standalone, you will understand more about the secondary characters in the book, if you have read the others in the series.
Pages or Words: 89,621 words
Categories: Erotica, Fiction, Gay Fiction, M/M Romance, Ménage/Poly, Paranormal, Romance, Shifters (Wolf and Bear)
“I’m too sexy for my shirt…” Kurt’s ring tone. Luke could hear the tinny tune, but it seemed like the sound was coming from outside. Leaping out of the truck, he glared at the trash can, now filled with his rubbish, before tipping the thing upside down, flailing his arms through the boxes and papers. There, on the ground. Thank the Fates. Luke sank his butt to the ground, tapping madly on the screen.
“Kurt, oh my god, Kurt….”
“Little bear, is everything okay? I sensed your distress. Are you hurt? Where are you?”
Luke breathed a sigh of relief, Kurt’s deep voice making the world seem like a more manageable place again. “I’m just outside of a tiny town, Cloverleah, I think it’s called. But Kurt, I found him, at least I think it was him, because I got hard, and he felt so good, and I just wanted to rub all over his sexy body, and when he came…”
“Luke. Stop. Focus.”
Focus. Kurt was right. Luke knew he had a tendency to run on about things.
“I’m sorry,” he said in a small voice.
“I’m not angry, little bear,” and Luke could tell that he wasn’t. Kurt never got angry with him, even that time when he thought he could microwave an entire jar full of honey so it would soften, and forgot that the jar had a metal lid.
“Now start again, from the beginning. You met someone who made your cock hard?”
Luke took in a deep breath, his cock hardening again. “Yes.”
“And then what happened?”
“He was in the shower, here at the truck stop. He was fondling his pretty cock, and his body was slim but muscled and the water was just streaming down, and my cock was so hard I thought it would burst out of my pants, so I took them off, because it hurt, you know. And I don’t think he heard me, but I just had to grab him, and then…”
“Breathe little bear.” Yeah, that probably would be a good idea. Luke took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.
“That’s good, babe, now, I presume you got in the shower with him.”
“Yes, but I took my clothes off first.” Luke remembered that Kurt wouldn’t like the idea of him wandering around wearing wet clothes. He did tend to forget things like that sometimes, especially if the salmon were running.
“That’s good, so then what happened? You grabbed him. Did you frighten him?”
“No!” Luke stared at the phone, wishing Kurt could see his face. He never intentionally frightened anyone, except that one time, and that was the night Kurt came and saved him…
“Don’t let your mind wander.” Kurt knew him so well.
“I didn’t frighten him, he leaned on me, and he let me play with him, and his cock just fit in my hand, and he smelled so good, like honey and chocolate all melted together even with the bleach stink, and I couldn’t help myself, his ass was right there…”
“He let you have sex with him?”
“I didn’t want to do that without you there. I just rubbed on him lots, and with the water and the smell, and when his cock spurted out…”
“I get the picture, little bear and it’s all right.”
“So he must be our mate, right?” Kurt wasn’t upset with him, that was the main thing.
“You would’ve gotten sick, and you definitely wouldn’t get a hard on with anyone else but our mate – I’ve told you that before. So yes, the man is our mate. Unexpected, but there’s no other explanation.” Kurt sounded so confident and Luke sighed and smiled, even though he knew Kurt couldn’t see him. Kurt knew about so much, and he would make sure everything was okay.
“Where is the man now and what’s his name?”
Oops. “I don’t know what his name is,” Luke yelled as he leaped up, leaving the rubbish on the ground, and his truck unlocked. “I left him in the bathroom.” Shit, had he been too long, was the sexy man still there? Maybe the wolf had got upset with him. He pounded towards the bathroom and flung open the door, but of course the room was empty, nothing but a towel tossed on the floor to indicate the room had even been used.
Buy the book:
Top Ten Resolutions for 2016
- Travel to America
- Attend a GRL in America
- Travel full stop – these three all tie in together – I have always wanted to visit the States, and I’ve always wanted to go to a retreat or a conference and be around other authors, and actually meet some of my readers and this year it is on my list because I’m going to achieve all three – I will be flying to Kansas City in October for GRL as a Featured Author.
- Finish my Goodreads Book Challenge for the year – 500 books. I wanted to do it last year but I didn’t know you had to put a finish date on the books you were reading for them to be included lol. This year I am onto it and well ahead of the challenge so far.
- Actually meet my NaNoWriMo goals this year – last year I was on track for 150,000 words for the month and three days before the end of the challenge, I fell and dislocated my shoulder. Nothing is going to stop me this year (fingers crossed).
- Be a kind person to my blog – I love my blog space, and the readers who take the time to comment, but when I get caught up in writing I forget the blog completely until someone emails me and asks me if I’ve actually been writing anything. I will do better this year, or from now on at least.
- Quit smoking – just joking. I tried that over Christmas and lost a month on my writing schedule – cutting down is a more reasonable expectation.
- Go on holiday – I haven’t had a holiday for longer than I can think back, so this year I am determined to take some time, travel somewhere and just write looking at a different view for a while. Maybe meet some new people while I am at it.
- Finish off a couple of my shorter series – so I can start some new ones. Although there are a lot of books to come in the Cloverleah pack and the Alpha and Omega series, I plan to finish the Bound and Bonded series this year, and Stockton Wolves.
- Be more proactive – this applies to all areas of my life: writing, meeting new friends, using social media, my health and working on my art. It’s already shaping up to be a good year.
Meet the author:
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildren sometimes try and pry her away from the computer and have found that the best way to do it, is to promise her chocolate. Lisa will do anything for chocolate.
Lisa loves to hear from her readers and other writers. You can friend her on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lisaoliverauthor), catch up on what’s happening at her blog (http://www.supernaturalsmut.com) or email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to find the author:
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29636864-tangling-with-bears
Publisher: Oliver Group Publications
Tour Dates & Stops:
12-May: Jessie G. Books
13-May: Full Moon Dreaming
16-May: BFD Book Blog
17-May: My Fiction Nook
18-May: Oh My Shelves
19-May: Velvet Panic
20-May: Alpha Book Club
23-May: Divine Magazine
24-May: Bonkers About Books
25-May: Molly Lolly
27-May: Love Bytes
30-May: A.M. Leibowitz
31-May: Kirsty Loves Books
1-Jun: Open Skye Book Reviews
2-Jun: Bayou Book Junkie
3-Jun: Havan Fellows
Rafflecopter Prize: Three Print Copies available – Tangling With Bears